salary comparison was Re: Occupational Outlook Handbook

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri Mar 15 08:19 MST 2002

jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu writes:

> I apologize for keep bringing this up.  But in a meeting with my dean last
> December on this subject, he agreed that my salary should be higher, but
> how much he didn't know.  He asked me to get input from you guys and that's
> what I'm trying to do.  That's also why I think this ought to be part of
> the Guidelines somehow.
>
> Jeff

Jeff

To get the information you want, (income for techs at various universities),
would you be willing to act as a clearing house? Could I ask all CAUT's to
send your university income to Jeff? He can compile them, and using the
income comparison chart, he can see where we are in relation to each other.

When I first interviewed for my job, I asked three friends at similar
institutions around the country what they are making. So I know my salary is
comparable.

I agree with Jeff. If we have this information, and then, as I said before,
educate the administrators, perhaps CAUT's will be able to get paid equally.

Wim