buffing aggraffes?

vem@email.byu.edu vem@email.byu.edu
Fri Mar 15 10:41 MST 2002

I have not run up against that with Pianotek yet (only did two jobs so far
though using them).  Is one of the suppliers to which you refer, that one, Ed?
vince

-    The one problem I have had with new ones is the older model Steinways that
- used the 7/32" thread. The new ones are cut smaller,sometimes so small that
- the threads strip out as you tighten them into the plate!
- Why we can't get 7/32" threads that measure the full .217" is beyond me, but
- every supplier I tried had undersize threads in this size.  duh...
- Good luck,
- Ed Foote RPT