sudden whistle (6th partial)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon Mar 25 10:49 MST 2002

What comes to mind are a few things.

String leveling may help here.  If the other partials are out of phase
with each other except the 6th partial then it may stand out.

Damper seating on this note may be poor.

A G#6 open aliquot may be activated sympathetically.

As to why?  Very likely a change in humidity happened at just the wrong
time.

		Newton