Fortepiano pinblock material

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon Mar 25 15:32 MST 2002

Stephen-
    Wow! I hit paydirt with your answers! I'll get the string measurements
to you soon. The sound of this instrument is not very lively.
    I shouldn't have made that comment about the maker; it is second hand
information. Perhaps he just doesn't have time for it.  In any case, I meant
to communicate that since it isn't a top notch reproduction, I feel
justified in working on it with my limited knowledge and experience. I think
I can make it play again.
    For tuning, my preference would be solid quarter sawn maple.
I'll be very interested in your response to the current scale.
Many thanks!
Ed