electronic pianos

Tue Mar 26 00:10 MST 2002

With respect to Wim and his chair...there is no such thing as an =
electronic piano. There are electronic keyboard instruments, some of =
which make sounds resembling those of the piano. But they are not =
pianos. When unplugged pianos still sound like pianos. Electronic =
keyboards do not.

Regards,

Del
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: March 25, 2002 3:05 PM
  Subject: electronic pianos

  My chair is considering putting electronic pianos in applied studios, =
(except strings and voice). These would be able to play a new program =
with canned accompaniments, or record other accompaniments.=20

  I have heard of these things, but do not have any experience with =
them. Have any of you got these things? What's the track record? Any =
other thoughts on the matter.=20

  Wim=20
  U of Alabama=20