The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Tue Mar 26 14:38 MST 2002

Hello all,

The PDF version of "The Piano in Academia, A Symposium" brochure is now
available on the CAUT website. I have a link to it at the bottom of the
Events page, or you can download it by clicking the Direct Link URL listed
here.
Direct link:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/CAUTSymposium.pdf

Events page:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/events.htm

Main CAUT page:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/homepage.htm

Thanks to Don and Kathy from the HO for making this available for me to
upload so quickly.

Scott
--------

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Donald
McKechnie
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 2:47 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

Eric and List,

We are working on getting the flyer up on the CAUT site as a .pdf file and
will make an announcement on this list when completed.

You are correct that the fee was $50 but it has been reduced to $30. This
happened when Renner USA came on board as sponsor. What a deal! Technicians
registered for the annual convention are not required to pay this fee. It is
just for piano professors, administrators or other interested parties.

It was late and I somehow forgot to mention our special guests on my
original post. Robert Weirich will be heading up the piano professors panel.
Professor Weirich teaches at the Kansas City Conservatory, is a regular
columnist for Clavier magazine and one of his students (Stanislav
Ioudenitch) was one of the gold
medalist in last year's Van Cliburn Competition. Robert Werner is a past
dean of the Cincinnati College Conservatory and past president of NASM. When
the remaining spots on the panels are filled in I will make an announcement.

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College