Rescaling programs

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Thu May 2 13:38 MDT 2002

At 01:38 PM 5/2/02, you wrote:
>Does anybody have an opinion on rescaling programs. Is there a good one out
>there and how much difference does it make?
>
>Ray Breakall
>Piano Technician
>University of Richmond
>Richmond, VA
>(804)287-6342

Ray-

I have Tremaine Parson's P-Scale.  It is reasonably easy to use, and really
seems to help old off-brand pianos, especially at the bass-tenor break.  I
haven't tried it on modern well-scaled pianos, other than to take a
look-see at their graphs.  My personal preference is to not change
well-known pianos' scales, because people have an expectation about them.

Hope this is some help.

Lawrence

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician