workload simplified

vem@email.byu.edu vem@email.byu.edu
Thu May 2 20:49 MDT 2002

Jeff,
I find essentially the same situation you do with the dampp chasers keeping
pitch swings to a minimum, but still having to keep after the tunings (just not
having to spend much time touching them up).  But I assign the maintenance to
our student helper.  There have been times where I had to do it myself, in
which case, since I'm in each studio weekly, I would spend at most 5 minutes
filling each piano.  Probably 10 minutes changing the pads every 9 months or so.
vince

) Vince,
) Just curious, but how much extra time is devoted to watering those
) Dampp-Chaser systems and have you incorporated that into your time savings?
) Ours here burn water year-round (I still don't understand why the
) humidifier's using a bucket of water every two weeks in 70% humidity) so
) servicing Dampp-Chasers is something to consider even during "breaks".  In
) our situation, the Dampp-Chasers haven't changed the number of tunings I
) do, just sort of kept the madness to a little less of an extreme.
)
) Jeff