Answers to Willems Questions about the formula (LONG)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri May 3 13:38 MDT 2002

In a message dated 5/3/02 11:28:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
jorge1ml@cmich.edu writes:

> Hi Willem and Others,
>        Please be aware that my answers below are my own views and may or
> may not reflect the reasoning of the rest of the committee.  The more I
> study the formulas the more I appreciate the intelligence of the old
> formula and the revisions Fred has introduced.

Mike

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to answer all of my
questions and concerns. After reading your responses, I realize where the
problems are with my plan. I am still having some problem digesting the CAUT
formula, but hopefully with some of the changes that seem to be coming, I
might actually get a handle on it.

I want to also thank Eric for his words of wisdom. Together with what the
both of you wrote, I have a better understanding, and appreciation, of the
CAUT formula. And thank you both also for at least not trashing my plan, and
giving it some sense of credibility. Hopefully it can be of some use to
someone.

Wim