Slick Key Bushings.

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Sat May 18 06:42 MDT 2002

You can store the punchings on another key-frame, over the existing ones.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of John
Baird
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 12:40 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Slick Key Bushings.

Thanks for the surprise response to my April 5 posting!

I will be trying CLP on bushings and in the balance holes. This discussion
has been useful. One suggestion that I haven't put into practice is removing
all punchings in order to polish the pins. How many do this and how
significant is the gain in eliminating additional friction for all the
trouble? You certainly don't want to leave Flitz anywhere, whether you add
CLP or not, but I think it's possible to do a good, clean, job of polishing
without removing the punchings. For those who do recommend removing the
punchings, what system do you use for setting the punchings aside and
keeping them in order?

John Baird
Millikin University
Decatur, Illinois