workload formula intro

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri May 24 09:43 MDT 2002

I am at a complete loss. Seems that any post I try to send starting
with my introductory remarks appears to be sent but never makes it to
the list. There are perhaps seven or eight such posts sitting in my
"sent mail" folder. I even tried re-typing (rather than pasting) the
introduction, and sending it by itself, and the same thing happened.
Tres bizarre!
	Anyway, I'm sure it's obvious the three parts of the formula should be
put back together as 1a, then 1b, then 2. This is intended as a pretty
final document, for presentation at the convention, pending any comments
received in the interim.
	If you can scratch up the time, please enter these numbers for your
institution and let me know how it comes out. The spreadsheet templates
available on the caut page can be used, but many numbers will need to be
typed in (rather than use the pop-up menus). Bottom line: do the results
agree with what your own experience would dictate?
	One comment - some of the changes are a result of off-list
communication. Some wording changes offered by Richard West from the
caut forum at Central West Regional were particularly helpful.
	Sorry for all the confusion. I hope all those posts don't suddenly pop
loose and flood everyone's mailbox.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico