Statement?

vem@email.byu.edu vem@email.byu.edu
Wed May 22 18:49 MDT 2002

I cannot agree with Wim less when he says that a CAUT's salary should be
comparable to other full time staff positions at their respective
universities.  Like secretaries, huh?  Bologna!!  How would we be "shooting
ourselves in the foot" if we "advocate" that CAUTs should be earning
what "upper end" piano techs in the private sector earn??  That to me would be
exactly what we SHOULD be holding up as an example!!

Look.  It's simple.  What could YOU be making privately, in an 8 hour day?
Take that figure, minus the benefits package, and voila!  There's your salary.
Period.
vince

) >> Comparing to self employed techs has one concern.  Private techs
) >> work at
) >> high wage, but many work few hours so total yearly incomes can be
) >> low.
) >>
) >> Comments?
) >>