Accu-just HPs in Steinway D :(

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu May 30 20:57 MDT 2002

>Greetings,
>    All in all, this piano is beginning to sound like a "dog" case.  It may
>be that you will never get this instrument to respond as a Steinway D is
>expected to respond, so I will go on record as saying the scrapping of the
>piano may be the most expeditious way to approach it.

Great! Give it to me. I'll pay the freight and save everyone a lot of
unnecessary fretting. Delivery some time in mid July should be about right.

> Can you protect your
>reputation while attempting to bring this thing back from the dead?  How will
>you look when the money has been spent and the thing is still unappealing to
>every pianist that plays it?  The best pinblock and restringing in the world
>will NOT compensate for a dead soundboard, and fire damage certainly brings
>that possibility up!

I agree with you absolutely that the soundboard is untrustworthy and should
be replaced. Strange that it wasn't considered to be as great a potential
problem as the vertical hitch pins and resulting loss of the rear duplex
scaling. Then again, it's the original board, so it must be OK. This is
sounding horrifyingly familiar.

Ron N