cost per hour. was Re: Maintenance Costs

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri May 31 07:43 MDT 2002

Initially I thought I'd rather be salaried. But I have come to the
conclusion that it is better to be on an hourly basis. Technically,
we're talking about "exempt" versus "non-exempt." Exempt means the
employer doesn't have to follow FLSA (Federal Labor Standards Act)
guidelines. It means you can be expected to work "enough to get your job
done" and aren't entitled to overtime, for instance.
	Yes, maybe the situation is such that you could work faster, get done
sooner, and go home (or whatever). But far more likely is you would end
up being taken advantage of.
Regards,
Fred

Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/30/02 11:31:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
<snip>  There's also a danger in doing calculations like this