Which Partial ?

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 00:14:17 +0100

Jon ,

To understand all the partial matching theory, I used the little book
"on tune" by Rick Baldassin.

Very complete on that.

Butt you will discover, as Don stated, that tuning can't be done only
that way, happily you know how to hear so you will not have problems,
and gain a better understanding of partial match. My idea is that
learning to tune with this method is not educating the ear to the tone
building process.

Beside, it helps to understand why a minor third major third does not
give the same result that the classical sixth tenth test for the
fifths, it help to classify intervals, and have a way to measure our
stretching.

There is not an useful partial match on the 17th, as you have a
relatively fast beat there. The partial matches are used with their
corresponding checks for slow or no beating intervals as octaves
doubles and triples, fifths, twelve's ...

I hope I am not saying it unclear.

The booklet is the best for that.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG