EBVT Offsets (compilation)

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 04:33:10 -0500

Ric,

>Ok, start explaining,  what exactly in the HT's forms key colors
>and how is this absent from ET?    What is confusing to me is lack
>of a definition of key color itself especially when applied to
>temperament.

Maybe the term "key color" is a bit confusing, after all - would you please
_exactly_ define green?

Perhaps "comparative intervalic excitation levels" [C.I.E.L] {i.e.-beat
rates} would be better???.  In ET, the only differences come by pitch level
and tessatura changes, changing gradually and evenly, faster or slower as
one goes up or down the scale.   In HTs, or more accurately - unequal
temperaments,  the CIELings vary regularly, but UNevenly, as you go up or
down through the scale.

Key color?  Like maybe, Cmaj = beige, C#min = blaze orange?  The term "key
color" might be confusing, but try to come up with another simile.

Conrad Hoffsommer
What? Me Worry? - A.E.Newman