revision process

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:47:03 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/02 8:10:59 AM Central Daylight Time, rwest1@unl.edu
writes:

> The point I was trying to make in my post was to have CAUT members around
> the country have a chance to get together in regional/local settings.
> Since we're in the process of revising our guidelines, the success of the
> project depends to a large degree on how useable that document will be on a
> grass roots level.  That's why we talked about the revisions at our last
> regional seminar.  If we can involve more technicians at the local level,
> the revision project will benefit and the results will be more meaningful.

I agree that more face to face communication needs to happen. When we got
together in Rochester last year, we got a lot done. However, whether to
schedule actual class time of a seminar is the best use of the seminar's
time. Figuring that CAUT members who are interested in working on the CAUT
formula and guidelines are willing to miss a technical class to begin with, I
wonder if perhaps the better thing to do is for CAUT's to get together during
day, but not as part of the scheduled classes, or better yet, over a meal?

Having said that, are there CAUTs out there planning on attending the NCRC in
Atlanta who would be willing to meet to discuss things? We can discuss when
and where we want to meet before we get there, or plan to meet for a few
minutes when we get there to discuss a more convenient time.

Wim