Bass string fest

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:27:57 -0500

Michelle:

I have some 3" rings that stay closed well, but hinge open if you
need to take off or put on a string.  I have all the strings in
numerical order and a heavy punching between every 5 strings.  On the
first punching I have "5" on one side and "6" on the other.  Then 5
strings and another "marker" punching with "10" on one side and "11"
on the other.  Whenever I remove a string I replace it with a white
paper punching with the number written on it.  About once a month, I
look over the rings and make an order for all the missing ones.  The
paper punchings make them obvious.

OK, so it's not so spiffy but it works.

dave