Yamaha key bushings (ideas how to remove)

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:56:01 +0100

I cant tell you for sure what kind of glue they use, but obviously it
wasnt something meant to be easily removed. I guess they figure when the
bushings are worn out the instrument is finished... :)

If you have the machines to do it with, you can simply re-mortise the
keys. If not, you will have to do the job by hand. Either you carefully
slice the felt out and file lightly afterwards, or find some kind of
solvent. You might try a bit of acetone, diluted as necessary.

Cheers, and good luck.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne