Budget Cuts May Close MSSC

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:08:43 -0600

The State of Missouri is having severe budget problems, both last year and
this year.  One Missouri lawmaker has suggested that the state could save
$39,000,000.00 by closing down both Missouri Southern State College
(Joplin) and Missouri Western State College (Saint Joseph).

Read more about it if you wish

Joplin TV station - KSN 16 web page
http://www.ksntv.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1347

Jefferson City News Tribune web page
http://newstribune.com/stories/011103/sta_0111030014.asp

Joplin.com web page
http://www.joplin.com/artman/publish/article_1396.shtml

I hope that MSSC is not forced to close because it would affect me
personally.  I take care of about 20 pianos at MSSC.

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
Registered Piano Technician
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Piano Technician at Missouri Southern State College