"The Piano Tuner"

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:58:21 -0700

    Another book of interest is "The Piano Tuner" by Daniel Mason - published
within the last year or so. It is the tale of a piano tuner sent by the British
government to the jungles of Burma in the late 1800's to repair an Erard grand
for an eccentric doctor/diplomat. Lovely descriptions of Burma, interesting and
generally "not bad" descriptions of piano work. I enjoyed it.
    The author is a med student who spent time in Burma. In acknowledgments he
says he was helped by David Skolnick and Ben Treuhaft.
Regards,
Fred Sturm