Question about rubbing a satin finish

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:22:33 +0100

Dear colleagues,

I try to make my mind on the possibilities to rub (machine polish) an
original polyester satin finish, that was not intended to be treated
as that for what I understand (direct final surface from spraying).

This particular instrument have a few scratches I could sand and rub,
but I am afraid that the final product will show rub marks, uneven
reflects, or the kind of unacceptable defects.

So I wander if some of you know a good technique to obtain an
acceptable matt or semi gloss finish by abrasion (or may be with the
help of some finishing product).

I have the tools to fine buff or rub, pastes, liquids, very fine foams
to be used with the polishing machine (abrasive foams 2000 or 3000
that can be used wet), abrasive powders, cotton wheels, and so on.

Any experience with that kind of finish ?

Thanks in advance

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech