Records in piano

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:17:46 -0600

At 10:10 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>David and list,
>         I've been pondering this for some time. Why do we, as
> technicians, feel compelled to place a card, service history chart or
> other such records or advertisements under the lid of uprights? Do we
> really believe that anyone ever sees them there? Don't we truly know that
> once we leave all the old pictures of the kids or the grandparents along
> with the decrepit fire hazard lamp and the leaking potted plant go
> directly back on top? Why do so many expend the energy, expense and time
> to be sure to leave "our mark" that no one sees except perhaps the next
> tuner after you? Is there anyone out there doing something different that
> they consider to be a better way?
>
>Greg

It's either the equivalent of marking the piano with urine as territory, or
an attempt to render reasonably decent service by leaving useful
information in the piano such as tuning dates, with temperature and
humidity, and the name and phone number of the perpetrator of the alleged
tuning in case the piano owner wants more similar abuse at a later date.

Your call.

Ron N