Records in piano

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee@humboldt1.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:59:18 -0800

on 3/18/03 14:29PAM, James A Busby at jab367@email.byu.edu wrote:

> Jeff and list,
>
> Concerning leaving FAC numbers in piano, why is it that the numbers change a
> little from month to month? (slight, say .3) It may be close enough not to
> worry
> about, or is it? I've done it enough to see that it isn't just the way I
> measure.
>
> Over several years I've kept track of numbers and their changes and wonder if
> it
> is valid to use old numbers. Any feedback?
>
> Thanks
> Jim Busby RPT
> BYU

Jeff,

Whether tuning aurally or "machine" I also find the difference and it's
enough to require retuning to the new numbers.  Whatever the cause, I
attribute the phenomenon to the effect humidity has on the piano.

Daniel Gurnee, RPT Retired from HSU, CA
7127 Humboldt Hill Rd.
Eureka, CA 95503-8105
707-442-3158