h'chord LM

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:00:49 -0600

At 09:56 3/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>How much lost motion should there be on h'chords? On our French, I can
>push the key almost one-third of the way down before it activates the
>"plucker." (I know there is another word for this, but just can't of it
>right now.)
>
>Wim

There should only be enough to make sure the jack is hanging by the damper.
The damper should be just high enough to allow the plectrum to return under
the string on a slow release.

gotsta run - more later..............

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems