Update on Yamaha CF Voicing

Tom Merrill gjtuner@attbi.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:14:27 -0700

Many thanks for the time and info on voicing my bright Yamaha CF in the =
lively recital hall.  I spent several hours on it yesterday, and it =
sounds much better.  Between David's and Isaac's comments, the light =
bulb finally went off in my head, helping to organize my thoughts from =
all the classes I took last year. =20

Wim's thoughts on acoustics rekindled my memory that our recital hall =
was supposed to have wood slats on the walls behind the stage.  Instead, =
because the project was running out of money, they substituted drywall =
which must be far more reflective than what the acousticians had in =
mind.  This hall has all curved surfaces: the sides and roof is concave, =
and the stage area convex.  The reflected sound far dominates the =
primary sound source and creates blurry imagery.  I was(still am) a =
stereophile nut for 30 years know hoand remember reading that the=20
Thanks again.

Tom Merrill
Grand Junction, CO