Tuning by Jorgensen

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:01:46 -0700

    I think there has been talk of the PTG Foundation re-printing it. Seems
to me I heard someone talking about approaching U Michigan for permission.
Maybe somebody else has more definite information. No question it is a book
that should stay in print indefinitely.
    (Write your congressmen and complain about the change in tax law
regarding inventory - several years ago - which led to the current policy
among publishers of remaindering anything that isn't selling at a rapid clip.
It's a real problem in sheet music as well. So much is printed once and then
disappears. And while you're complaining, mention the extension of copyright
to virtually forever - at least our lifetimes - which means that an enormous
range of materials will never come back into publication, as in Dover
re-prints and the like. Rant, rant).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico