Concert Grand Trucks

Thomas Seay t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:17:46 -0600

>Forgive me for asking, but why do you want a D on a truck? Do you really want
>any Joe Blow to be able to move it? What about "grounding" the
>piano? What about
>the excess movement a truck creates for the player?
>
>Just asking. Don't shoot me.
>
>Jim Busby
>BYU

In our case, the two Concert Grands in our busiest recital hall are
frequently moved offstage to accommodate the orchestra, wind ensemble
and other groups which may not require piano and who need all the
room they can get on stage.

Trying to move these pianos on and off stage without them being on
trucks would be a real nightmare.

Tom
--
Tom Seay