Concert Grand Trucks

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:26:03 -0500

Wim-
    That is why I use 3 (three) jacks instead of only one.  You can =
suspend the piano completely above the truck, position the arms very =
carefully, then gradually lower it so that the weight lands on the truck =
arms a little bit at a time, similar to what you can do with the Jansen =
transporter.  The transporter is great, but expensive, large and heavy.  =
Three jacks with support columns can be made for less than $40, are =
small and easy to carry, and useful for other lifting jobs around the =
shop.  Unlike the transporter, you can't roll a piano around on them.
        Ed
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 12:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Concert Grand Trucks

  In a message dated 3/28/03 10:52:46 AM Central Standard Time, =
ed440@mindspring.com writes:

    You can lift the piano as long as needed to remove the
    casters and position the truck arms, then gently lower it.  There =
will be no
    problems with the truck flipping up, no need to shim under the ends =
of the
    truck arms.

  Ed

  I don't know how you do it, but I have to put something under the =
first and second arms to keep the whole truck from flipping up.  Can you =
explain how you do it without the shims.

  Wim=20