damper lever ht.

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:41:44 -0600

Hi Fred,
                Excellent post..   I like to set the under lever to be
horizontal at half dip, this is the point where you get the minimum amount
of binding on the guide bushings,  I often slice the lifter felt and insert
a card shim to achieve correct lift timing. when rebuilding an action, I
will do a few samples and  build up the back of the keys with card
stock,  or veneer.
If the damper levers are way low, the arc will cause a lot of back to front
movement at the damper guide, and can cause some damper problems.

Regards Roger