damper lever ht.

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:59:05 EDT

Conrad writes:

> Methinks that he has been resting his foot on the damper pedal just enough
> for that short armed lever to lift the back damper felt up - half pedalling
> without trying!

Resting one's foot lightly on the pedal can be pretty harmless if the dampers
are PERFECTLY timed, because there is the resistance of the whole set.
However, if any are early, they will rise easily, even though the significant
additional pressure it takes to raise the whole set makes it feel like nothing
should be happening.

Not particularly clearly put, but at least  _I_ know what I mean....

Bob Davis