performance piano - student psychopathology 101

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:41:56 -0700

At 12:25 PM 9/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>It is sometimes difficult to inform them in a tactful manner that perhaps
>this is a problem of perception, especially the gale force of opinion is
>blowing unchecked in the opposite direction.

What would help the most is to have at least one of the more important
teachers telling them frequently that they will meet all kinds of pianos in
their careers, and they must learn to play well on almost anything.

Luckily, my college has such a person. Psychology is really good. Of
course, it's better if the pianos are pretty good as well.

Susan Kline
Linfield College