Bluthner Question

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:16:45 -0500

At 09:53 9/18/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>At 12:34 AM 9/18/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>>The one I sevice needs an octave up on the 4th... I like to set them
>>just a tad sharp... seems to sound better to my ear. I believe some
>>Bluthners have a different arrangement for the extra string.  You might
>>drop them a line
>>
>>RicB
>
>The Blüthners I've tuned have had the fourth string as a unison. How
>old were yours, Ric?
>
>Susan

The first (old) Blüthner I ever tuned had unison 4th strings in the top
section and a separate bridge in the second section to hold agraffe type
things for 8va 4th strings.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.