Tuning Steinway Verticals

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:55:08 +0200

Hey there Ed.

I hadnt really meant to attach any particular attribute to any one persons comments,
and have only read the "Tuning the 1098 Blues" thread here and there wise. I certainly
can see why many find it frustrating to tune the 1098 tho I have not had much problems
with them myself. I actually rather like them... finding them very solid once tuned.
Tho they are not my favorite sounding instrument.

My reply to Jeff was more a general commentary on some of the seemingly bitter acidic
ephusiasms of ditonal distaste some seem to have for Steinways and just about
everything they stand for in general. I dunno... I hear an awfull lot of things that
make  quite a bit of sense on paper.... but I have to compare that to reality. In
anycase... I believe that if one has something to offer the piano world... the best
way is to simply put it out there... keep it in our faces and let it talk for itself.
Criticism of others is risky at best... even when very justified. Generally not a
productive strategy. In any case... none of this was directed at anyone in particular.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne