Perceptions

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:03 +0200

Yep.. this ones been up before.. nice to see it around again. Alex's
stuff is well worth reading. He is probably thee most prolific publisher
of piano acoustic science.. tho almost all his stuff remains available
only in Russian.

This exact subject matter tho was exactly the stuff he and I talked
about whilst he was in Stockholm a couple years back for the Nordic
Convention held there. I couldnt believe my luck... here was this
fellow, along with Anders who had held a lecture for us... and nobody
really paid any attention to him.. so he was alone much of the time. I'd
already "met" him from internet correspondance so he knew who I was when
I came up to introduce myself... and I got to sit with him for as long
as I wanted to. Very nice fellow with an interesting history.... doing
music research under the Soviet Empire.... and watching all that fall
apart.

Brilliant man with unique perspectives. Very enthusiastic in sharing his
thoughts with anyone who's interested.

I think he's back in Sweden now, on a grant close to his freind Anders
Askenfelt.

Thanks for reposting the article.

RicB