Longitudinal Modes in Piano Strings

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:00:09 -0500

At 07:33 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/1/2004 4:24:58 PM Central Standard Time,
>claviers@nxs.net writes:
>On page 14 of the program for the 2004 Institute in Nashville, which you
>received in the mail, my class, "Longitudinal Modes in Piano Strings" is
>listed as (E) for "Everyone".  It is not.  It is at the "Advanced" level,
>and I plainly marked it as such.  I do not know who changed it, or why.
>
>Sincerely, Jim Ellis
>
>So the printers, or the editors, made a little mistake. So what. Why make
>an issue out of it. Or are you afraid someone with one less year of
>experience is going invade your class  and ask you all sort of
>questions?  Maybe one of those newbies will actually understand what
>you're talking about. In other words, Jim, chill out. We've got lot more
>serious problems to worry about.
>
>Wim

Like correcting mistakes in your article?  I haven't seen the schedule yet,
but I assume those designations are assigned for a reason, else why
bother?  Do you think there are some classes which would,in fact, be
adversely affected by such an error?  In any case, your tone seemed unduly
harsh, given Jim's original message.  But I don't know him.  Maybe he's
just the sort of guy that deserves an occasional taking down. I've got my
doubts though.  Try to be nice, like me.

David Skolnik