Coffee spill on the Bridge

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:48:45 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2004 12:40:34 PM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
Please advise as to the validity of these claims and any other points
that should be raised.

Thanks muchly

RicB
The first question I have to ask, Ric, is, did you remove the strings, and
dry the bridge and sound board area? It would seem to me, that the best way to
keep all the problems you indicate will happen, could be prevented if the
coffee was cleaned up immediately. Yes, you probably will have to replace the
strings, and maybe some of the bridge pins, But I don't think there will be a need
to recap the bridge, much less replace the soundboard.

If you didn't clean up the mess right away, it appears you're trying to
punish the university for allowing students access to the practice rooms with a cup
of coffee. I agree the student should never have brought the coffee in the
room in the first place, but don't punish the university for a student's
mistake.

Wim