New experience

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:39:54 -0500

In the 31 years that I've been in this area I have developed a=
 good clientele.  In the 18 years that I've been here at SMU the=
 job has grown from a few hours a week to more that half time. =
 In that time I've just reduced the area I cover.  Now I'll just=
 pass on clients to younger people who need to grow their=
 business.  I'm old enough to retire so I don't think any of my=
 current clients will be surprised to find that I'm cutting back.=

When I was young and starting out in this business lots of people=
 were good to me and I think it's now time to reciprocate.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@mail.smu.edu

From: David Ilvedson <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>
To: <dporritt@mail.smu.edu>, <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: New experience

Dave.

In those 18 years you must have built up a clientele removed from=
 the school.  What do you do about them?   Work 80 hours a=
 week...;-]

David I.

From: "David M. Porritt" <dporritt@mail.smu.edu>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: New experience

Esteemed Colleagues:

I had a new experience today.  After 18 years of being a=
 part-time contract technician at SMU in Dallas, I spent my first=
 day as a full-time employee.  (It's been 30 years since I've had=
 a real job!)  I don't suppose there is a really significant=
 difference except for now getting benefits....and vacation, paid=
 holidays etc.  It really is quite remarkable how much paperwork=
 has to be done to accomplish something like this in a large=
 organization.  As of today it's done.

It actually felt really good!