New experience

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:41:19 -0500

HTML MessageCongratulations Dave,

to you especially, and also to your school! We celebrate with you!

This may also be a helpful precedent for other forward-thinking
institutions, and I would be interested in your reflections a year from now.

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of David
M. Porritt
  Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 6:27 PM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: New experience

  Esteemed Colleagues:

  I had a new experience today.  After 18 years of being a part-time
contract technician at SMU in Dallas, I spent my first day as a full-time
employee.  (It's been 30 years since I've had a real job!)  I don't suppose
there is a really significant difference except for now getting
benefits....and vacation, paid holidays etc.  It really is quite remarkable
how much paperwork has to be done to accomplish something like this in a
large organization.  As of today it's done.

  It actually felt really good!

  dave

  David M. Porritt, RPT

  Meadows School of the Arts