Michigan State U. Position still open

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:45:27 -0600

--On Wednesday, August 4, 2004 8:46 PM -0600 Roger Jolly
<roger.j@sasktel.net> wrote:

> WOW,
>               You guys make a strong argument for our state covered
> medicare in Canada. Plus our relatively low post secondary education cost.
>
> Regards Roger

Amen! National health care is a top priority for me. Those who complain
about the supposed wait for care, or lack of options, in national systems
obviously aren't dealing with an HMO.
	Bottom line, the self-employed get the very short end of the stick. When I
was purely self-employed, I paid a lot more for $10,000 deductible major
medical than the university and I (their match plus my contribution) pay
for full HMO coverage. The HMO's squeeze the heck out of doctors (talk to
my cousin the doctor about it if you want an earful), so they charge double
for those who don't have insurance.
	Anyway, should national health insurance come to the USA, caut salaries
would increase by leaps and bounds. <g>
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

PS Sorry for the off-topic rant. I promise to be good in the future.