Michigan State U. Position still open

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:36:00 -0700

Sure, when I was young and on my own I didnt' have a health plan.   The young usually don't need one.   Do you have children Susan?
Most of us don't want to be wiped out by a unforeseen illness.

>Is anyone else old enough to remember when no one had health insurance, and
>we didn't miss it? It's not as if insurance could keep you from getting
>sick -- all it does is pay out money when you are sick.

Is this sort of like tuner-caused out of tuneness.   Those plastic elbows were fine until we had it tuned.

>Has anyone noticed how many doctor-caused diseases and medical problems are
>out there? How many times does going to a doctor give someone a false sense
>of security, when really all they got was a palliative, allowing the
>disease process to continue unchecked?

We don't have a dental plan so I pay for it out of pocket...