Verdigris

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:24:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/04 10:17:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu writes:

In the tireless pursuit of new technical horizons, I hereby personally
volunteer to research the Wild Turkey effect on action centers (not to mention  my
own joints). Reports available next summer in Kansas City at the  bar...

Seriously, folks, Dale Erwin's earlier message about replacing parts is  the
only permanent solution in my experience. No matter what chemical you use  to
wash out and lube the bushings, the mutton tallow is deeply soaked into the
wood of the flanges, and will begin to creep out. Soon enough, your centers
are tight again. As a quick, temporary fix, use anything you like best. But
prepare yourself and your client for eventual parts replacement.

Mary Smith

I agree with this assessment. It has been my experience that by the time  the
verdigris is a problem, the knuckles and centers are also to the point of
needing some serious work. By the time you repin, rebush, and/or replace
knuckles, you might as well replace the parts.

As far as meeting at the bar, with as busy as we are, can we set a time
right now, and make it a priority investigative session? After all, this is  vital
research for the greater good.

Wim