Verdigris

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:28:38 -0400

I prefer new parts whenever feasible.  However, there are those times in an
old piano when rebushing might be the appropriate thing to do.  Perhaps
rebushing is also temporary, as Bob Davis said, but if it's still OK after
25 years, and mine have been, I don't call that "temporary".  If a flange
is saturated with tallow, or some other goop that someone has soaked it
with in trying to lubricate it, you can bet your boots I'm not even going
to try to rebush it.

Jim Ellis