treble hammer quandary

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:00:29 -0400

Here's a photo of the top hammer of a set of Ronsen Wurzen felt hammers.
The molding is warped slightly which diminishes through the entire top section.
The last/f(irst to me) set had not so many warped but there were enough
extras to eliminate them.
(92 count as opposed to 90)

I'm inclined to drill perpendicular to the line and install the head with
the bulk towards the rear
thereby removing more material in the tail arcing procedure for maximum
weight reduction.
I may or may not use a Forstner bit to cut in a cove depending on weight
but it really removes
so little as to probably be not with the effort.

Just wanted to bounce this off y'all,

Jon Page

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: treb_hmr.jpg