stolen tools - security

joel jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:43:10 -0500

Susan,
In my case the thief simply replaced  the  video tape. Security opened
the camera to find a student orientation tape
I made for work-study students for cleaning a piano.  Thief also took
the tape.

Finally caught the couple, night cleaning crew, pawning tools, and
musical instruments down the street.

Fred, I emphasize with your account of paper work.  Next comes
identification, lawyers, court appearance.
It's a long road.

As Horace suggested, I had the lock rekeyed with one copy for the
Director & assistant.  I reminded myself that
this was a better solution when the phone rang at 3am to come in to
rescue the shop when a water pipe burst.
I think is was the right decision.

Joel