stolen tools - security

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:23:42 -0600

--On Saturday, August 14, 2004 4:45 PM -0700 Horace Greeley
<hgreeley@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Having had this experience, I would suggest having your room keyed off
> the master, and/or having a separately keyed deadbolt installed.

	I guess what I wrote about the "clam-shell" (Kee-Blok) wasn't clear. It
effectively takes the room off the master by keeping any master (or
specific) key from getting into the keyhole, until the Kee-Blok is removed.
The devise fits over the entire door knob, and locks. Kee-Blok has it's own
key. I have a copy, and so do the department administrator and recital hall
manager. Period. Pretty secure, and rather cheap - $34.95. Less money and
lots less time than calling the university lock shop and having the lock
rekeyed.
	BTW there is also a version for the lever style handles that are becoming
prevalent these days due to ADA regulations.
	Giving this nugget of information was my main reason for writing that
post, though I also took advantage of an opportunity to vent a wee bit of
frustration at the paperwork demons <g>. Thanks for the sympathy.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico