strings on deplex

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:36:48 EDT

<< How important is it to have only three strings on each bump of the duplex
on
a D? I restrung a D, and some bumps have 4 strings, some are just barely off
to one side, but on the next bump. The customer is claiming I ruined her
piano.  >>

I don't think it matters at all, but if you must, you can move that duplex
over with some pre-pulling all the strings sideways and then a light tapping in
the direction you want it to move. There is nothing in the slight lateral
placement of this bar that will ruin a piano!
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT