[CAUT] Fw: mystery center pinning

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:48:50 -0600

>>Super-loose also makes it difficult for me to get the spring the way I
>>like it.
>
>You can only turn yourself into a pretzel trying...go for some modest,
>otherwise unacceptable, via medium and call it a day.

The problem, of course, being that the spring doesn't lift the hammer
during play. It pushes the back of the key down. We try to set the spring
strength by hammer lift, which will be greatly influenced by flange
friction, and will have only a passing relationship to what the spring
actually does.

Ron N