[CAUT] lacquer

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:14:09 -0500

Charles & Horace,

This is interesting. The first place I went was Sherwin-Williams. I
called first to ask if they had water white nitro and was told yes. When
I stopped by the store the fellow brought out a can of water white
CAB-Acrylic lacquer. I ask for the spec sheet as I was suspicious of the
formulation. It is similar to nitrocellulose but not the same as
explained in the Sherwin-Williams spec sheet and in the link I sent to
the list. (I found that link after visiting Sherwin-Williams) Not
wanting to take chances, I asked if water white nitro was available
through the store and was given the answer "there is no such thing as
water white nitrocellulose lacquer." Well, technically yes if one goes
by the description in the aforementioned link but we know better. :-)
Anyway, I would be interested in knowing exactly what the label says on
the product you purchased from Sherwin-Williams.

Horace, I will let you know how the tone turns out as soon as I get the
chance.

Don