Electropiano (was Re: [CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!)

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:49:47 -0500

That's correct.  The pin comes through the block from behind and the
coil is on the keyboard side.  Being able to see the pin you needed to
put your hammer on is the reason you'd like to be able to see the back
side.  My legs were sore for days from getting up and looking over the
back side to see the next tuning pin.  Best I recall sitting in a chair
was not comfortable either, and so I tuned from my knees a big part of
the time.  That thing was a job.

Jeff